[24hoursupport] Re: Add XP?

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hrsupport <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:59:05 -0500 (EST)

You could.  I have to warn you that with only a 350MHz processor, it will
be quite slow.  Depending on what your motherboard supports, you might be
able to upgrade the processor.

The memory is on the small side as well, but not horrible.  You could add
another 128MB for $25-$30.

What are the specs on the Dell?

Fuzzy
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Bruce Cook wrote:

> Can I add Windows XP to this machine? I can get it real cheap through work.
> I can also get a great deal on a Dell for about $700. Not sure which way to
> go.
>
> Windows 98
> PII-350
> 8.02 Gigabytes
> 128MB installed memory-
>
> Should I add more memory and if so how much?

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/