[24hoursupport] Re: Access to temp internet files in XP

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:53:36 -0800

Hi Paul,
it is possible that they have blocked access to the files.

You 'should' be able to view the files from the 'Explore' view

Click on the "Windows" key and the letter "E" to open 'Explorer'
The temporary internet files will be found in the C:\Windows> IE folder
unless the have moved them.

I did on my XP computer<G>

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 03/12/2003 at 5:07 PM Paul M. King wrote:

I was operating a friend's computer today and was shocked to find out I
could not open the temporary internet files. Does anyone know if it's
possible to look at folder contents?

We ran the Norton virus sniffer which indicated some 30,000 temp files were
in the folder and I can't imagine what they are. The scan didn't turn up a
single virus. I estimated the figure by watching the file volume indicator
as Norton scanned the temporary internet folder.

When I brought up MS Internet Explorer, I was denied access to the files.

PK