[24hoursupport] Access to temp internet files in XP

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:07:57 -0800

I was operating a friend's computer today and was shocked to find out I could
not open the temporary internet files. Does anyone know if it's possible to
look at folder contents?

We ran the Norton virus sniffer which indicated some 30,000 temp files were in
the folder and I can't imagine what they are. The scan didn't turn up a single
virus. I estimated the figure by watching the file volume indicator as Norton
scanned the temporary internet folder.

When I brought up MS Internet Explorer, I was denied access to the files.

PK