[24hoursupport] AVG virus sniffer goes bonkers

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:59:41 -0800

List members:

I recently downloaded a virus definition update to this Grisoft program. On my
first attempt to use the program, it failed and has not worked properly since,
not even with a fresh download.

This is distressing because AVG (a free program for single users) has never
failed me prior to this experience and I am temporarily without virus
protection other than what may be afforded by ZoneAlarm. I have Norton
Utilities, which I removed from my system several months ago because of their
tendency to conflict with other programs.

I got no help from Grisoft which provides tech support only to paid commercial
subscribers. Likewise from the web when I entered the AVG error message:

                Driver (CORE) not found winerr=2

I find the problem described (with various operating systems) on the web with
no solutions offered.

Anyone else had this experience?

Paul K.