[24hoursupport] Re: 24hoursupport Digest V4 #29

  • From: "Gene" <Build_A_Computer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:11:45 -0500

Hi user1634,

AVG6 in not supported anymore and it has been replaced with AVG7 (AVG Free).
Free Anti-Virus Software:

AntiVir Personal Edition for Windows. Even though viruses have now grown
very numerous, one thing hasn't changed: our commitment to provide you with
all-round protection. The reliability of AntiVir is demonstrated in numerous
comparison test and references featured in independent trade journals. The
AntiVir Personal Edition offers the effective protection against computer
viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. In
order to make possible an easy operation, the AntiVir Personal Edition is
developed to the essential points.
http://www.free-av.com/

AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is
available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product! Rapid
virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product,
thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of
users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is
easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource
requirements).
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Free avast! 4 Home Edition - Free virus protection for home PC. New viruses
pop up more and more frequently all the time. Also their spreading could be
much faster than it used to be several years ago. The main problem is not to
add their detection into the antivirus product but the fact that most of the
users do not use any antivirus program at all or they still have some
ancient version which they have got together with their computer for free.
ALWIL Software, the producer of avast! has decided that since June 1st, 2001
avast! will be free of charge for home users which do not use their computer
for profit. The only thing you have to do is to register online.

 A Technical Support Alliance, ITU & OWTA Charter Member -:¦:-
 24HourSupport * AHH * Build_A_Computer * Computer_Builders2
 CHAD * CHOL * ComputerSupport_2 * Computer_Tricks_and_Tips
 EZ2Compute * ITU * Linspire * OWTA * PC-Technical * Pro_Tech
 SkyMaps * TechSupportForDummies * Web_Help * WEMRM -:¦:-
 IP address:  24.2.165.6 * ©2005 * http://tinyurl.com/59u43 -:¦:-