[24hoursupport] Re: 160gb disk drive

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:59:17 -0400

I realized I had some errors in my post after I had sent it.

The theoretical limit for an NTFS partition is 16 exabytes or about 18
billion GB. The limit for FAT32 (though it comes at a loss of a LOT of
wasted space) is 2 GB.

Now, on a 160GB drive, of course the limit for partition size is 160GB.

Does that make it clearer?

Also, if you use specialty drivers, you can have up to 256 partitions
per drive by doing what I call partition table "stacking." VERY rarely
have I ever had more than 9 or 10 partitions.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}