[24hoursupport] Re: 160gb disk drive

  • From: "William B. Lurie" <billurie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:37:56 -0400

Fuzzy Logic wrote:

>Up to 4 TB per partition, I believe, and up to 16 partitions if you
>use special software (like PowerQuest Partition Magic), or 13 if you
>use the software that comes with Windows.
>
>Fuzzy

Thanks, Fuz. I'm a bit confused about your notation "4TB".......
1GB=1000MB
1TB=1000GB=1000000MB ....
4TB=4000GB.....
Kind of hard to have a 4TB partition on a 160GB drive.
I know you didn't mean "up to 4GB, that would be silly.
Can you clarify?

BTW, I have Partition Magic 8.0 but I've been reluctant to partition
to more than three per hard drive......

          Bill Lurie