[24hoursupport] Re: 1024 cylinder limit and Partition Magic

  • From: "Steven McCarthy" <steven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:28:49 +0100

That is a legacy warning. NT4 had the ability to see drives up to 2TB (I
think) but the boot partition could not be larger than 7.8Gb. Any other
drive could use the full size of the disk. The warning no longer applies to
2000 or XP.

Steve
One of The Collective
http://learn.at/ahh
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it." -- Lazarus Long

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Steven McCarthy.vcf

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at