[24hoursupport] Re: 100% CPU usage

  • From: "Steven McCarthy" <steven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 01:04:18 +0100

I'm also using ME on a Dell and I'm called Steve too. Guess what else? My
System Monitor tells me that my CPU usage is 100%. *grin*

Are you getting popups telling you this or is it the System Monitor?

If it's just the monitor then don't worry about it too much unless your
performance is affected. The SysMon in ME is brutal.  It always says 100%
usage! At the moment I have Outlook and IE open - two of the biggest
resource hoggers admittedly - but no performance problems.

Steve
One of The Collective
http://learn.at/ahh
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it." -- Lazarus Long

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at