[1stPickSoftware] Unofficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack 1.1

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:56:26 -0800

Unofficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack 1.1  Developer Alper Coskun
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/9/13-9-191.shtml
 License Freeware
 Price FREE
 OS Win All
 Size 7.57 MB
 Download Time 56K: 18m 27s  64K: 16m 8s  128K: 8m 4s  768K: 1m 20s
 Last Updated February 15th, 2004 08:28
 Category C: \ System \ OS Enhancements

Microsoft has never released a service pack for Windows98 SE.
But I made a Service Pack for Windows98 SE users.
It contains all Windows98 SE updates from WindowsUpdate site and more.

It is a self-extracting and self-installing pack like Microsoft's update
files.
Thus, you cannot choice files individually.
Uninstallation is possible from Add-Remove Programs.
Beta 2 users should install this pack without uninstalling the pack.

IT IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 98 SECOND EDITION ENGLISH.
It contains only operating system updates.
It does not contain DirectX, Media Player or other similar products

Features:

- 52 hot fixes. (All of them are from Microsoft.)
- 256-color tray. (Some icons on the tray like WinAMP's icon will be shown
better.)
- Better Defrag and Scandisk. (Faster. They are from Windows ME. However,
they work properly on the Windows98 SE.)
- Better Notepad. (Same Notepad with more key bindings.)
- Optimized swap file usage. (Windows will not to use the swap file at all
until the entire RAM is used.)
- Better WDM and USB support. (Some problems about WDM drivers and USB
devices are solved.)
- Windows Scripting Host 5.6. (Latest version of Scripting Host which also
contains VBScript and JScript support.)
- Visual Basic 6.0 SP5 runtime library. (To run Visual Basic 6.0 programs.)
- Windows 2000 color scheme. (You should select it from Control
Panel-Display-Appearance.)
- A few cosmetic and performance tweaks.

I have not tested this program use at your own risk.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member