[18650] Re: Charger Order and Status

  • From: "Edward Ang" <EdAng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <18650@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:09:07 -0700

All,

I am still waiting for my PFC-20 and my new PFC-30.

EdT, can you send me info the MSDOS controlled PFC charger again.  I
couldn't locate your old email.  Thanks.

Also, I have decided that it might be best to test the full system on my
Sparrow.  In this case, I will pay for the cells, which are roughly $10k for
now.  Since my recent decision to leave my day job, I would have much more
time running detailed experiments on them.

Also, I met another electrical engineer who is also trying to convert his
car using LiIon batteries.  He is pretty concerned on safety and he found
this company that claims to have safe LiIon batteries.  Can you guys take a
look and post who you think about it?  Thanks.  The video is kind of
interesting.  It does make me think about safety issues that we might be
facing.

http://www.valence.com/saphion.asp
http://www.valence.com/SafetyVideo.asp

Ed Ang