"Plautdietsch" (ISO 639-3 code PDT) is the language spoken by the descendants of of the anabaptist Mennonite settlers in Prussia in the 17th century. A majority of these "Mennonites" who today live in Mexico, Belize, Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina, USA and Canada can not really communicate in any other language.
This list is a forum for:
* Developing a written vocabulary in Plautdietsch.
* Documenting the various differences in usage, due to isolation and geography.
* Translation to (and from) Plautdietsch.
* Orthography of the Plautdietsch - as spoken by the "Ooltkolnia".
* Variations of the "Molotschna" dialect in the Americas, and the European dialects.
* Documenting the grammar of Plautdietsch.
Anybody interested in the Plautdietsch language - and learning to write in Plautdietsch - may join this list.
Only subscribers may post to the list.