We are creating a Makerspace in Arcos de Valdevez, in Northern Portugal. An open community, where people from all ages and backgrounds feel welcome to learn about and play with technology. A space where innovation happens, naturally and spontaneously. Where knowledge and skills are shared. A community envisioning a future, together.
Amongst some of the technologies we hope to teach, share, play and create with are:
- Automation with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- 3D printing and autofabrication
- Programming and Open Source collaboration
- Linux and Free and Open Source software (FOSS)
- Recycling and refurbishing of outdated computers and hardware
- Online self-defense through security and cryptography