A mailing list about research, development and use of smart materials (including piezoelectrics, shape memory alloys, electoactive polymers, electro- and magneto- rheological fluids) and structures and applications.
Aim of Cansmart
1. Promote the research, development and use of smart materials and structures in all possible applications in Canada;
2. Regroup all the interested persons in the field from Industry, Consultants, Government, and Universities;
3. Facilitate the acquisition and interchange of technical knowledge among its members;
4. Establish contact groups for possible collaboration to promote smart materials and structures;
5. Organize meetings, workshops, conferences on smart materials and structures.