We are setting up of relatives of residents of Broadmead Resthome, which has a speciality for Dementia.
The aims of the relatives group are;
Below is a summary of suggested aims of the group.
- a voluntary support group for relatives (and close friends / carers) of Broadmead residents
- to support and inform relatives
- to share information, visiting / care tips
- to help ânewâ relatives overcome sense of guilt and anxiety
- to help ânewâ relatives familiarise themselves with Broadmead
- to offer practical help to ânewâ relatives
- to create an admission information pack
- to host guest speakers occasionally (staff, others on Dementia, etc)
- to provide knowledgeable advice
- to help with trips and fund raising, although this is not the main aim of the group