[wdmaudiodev] Vista destroys WavePciStream in the KSSTATE_PAUSE

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:21:01 +0600

Hello!

Recently I implemented KSPROPERTY_PIN_PROPOSEDATAFORMAT property handler
to support multi-channel PCM streams in my driver under Vista. Since
the handler was implemented, I started to play with the "Test" button
near the audio format list at the advanced device properties page.
When a test is initiated, a pin instance is requested from my filter
and PortCls creates a stream (WavePciStream). Then stream state is
changed to KSSTATE_ACQUIRE then to KSSTATE_PAUSE, and then the stream
is immediately destroyed (all references are Release'd) without
changing stream state to KSSTATE_ACQUIRE/KSSTATE_STOP.

This happens only if testing by the Test button at advanced properties
page. Using common audio interfaces (DirectSound, MME) I didn't notice
such behavior. No other OS (Win 2000/XP/2003) behaves like that.

It is definitely a bug because DDK documentation guarantees state
transition to KSSTATE_STOP before destroying a stream.

Did anybody experience such behavior? I have 32-bit Vista build 6000.

Regards,
Eugene