[prssr-devel-ml] Bug: random loss of feed items

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:47:06 +0100

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems when updating feeds. Several feeds
exhibit the problem, that after an update in pRSSreader some items
"disappear", only to return after another update. I'm guessing that it
is either a problem with retrieval or parsing those feeds.

To give you an example:
1. Starting pRSSreader, the feed is shown with 2 items (the number of
items shown is constant between updates), all unread

2. Update of the feed, no error message

3. The feed now shows 23 new items. The read items are the first and the
third -- they were there before.

This process also reverses, meaning I go from some 10 items to one or
two, sometimes more. The feed delivered from the server stays the same
(confirmed with a dump of the HTTP traffic).

Some feeds that do respect the If-Modified-Since header require the
deletion of the cached feed file to exhibit the problem.

The feed most prone to this problem appears to be this one:
http://www.shopblogger.de/blog/feeds/index.rss2

Regards,
Jörg

Device details:
* Windows Mobile 2003 SE, Version 4.21.1088 Build 14132
* RAM: 128 MB
* pRSSreader cache on an SD card, about 120 MB free
* Internet connection via WLAN (right next to the device for testing)