[opendtv] Integrated DTV PSIP

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:10:33 -0800

My engineering director gave me a Toshiba 27" LCD
integrated DTV to evaluate. It is a model 27HLV95
with built-in 8VSB/QAM tuner and DVD player
and appears in the integrated DTV list on Mark's
Monday Memo. Build date is 10/2005.

The set features TV Guide (Gemstar) EPG.
Unfortunately, that's all you get. PSIP is NOT
integrated into the TV Guide EPG. If the DTV
channel is not part of the TV Guide EPG, you
don't get any EPG for that channel even when
the PSIP EPG is present and valid.

As far as I can tell (I've only had the set for a
couple of days), there is no way to display the
DTV PSIP EPG on digital channels.

Ron