[openbeos] Re: Bootable Test CD

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:01:07 +0100

Hi Nicholas,

2008/3/27, Nicholas Blachford <nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> How about doing an "early release pre-Alpha test CD" but not
>  advertising it.
>  The people most interested will probably know from this list that it's
>  there and can try it out if they want.
>
>  I hope to have a new laptop soon and I'd like to try it myself.
>  I've used plenty of Alphas before so I know exactly what it is...

I like that idea. I actually thought a lot of doing something like
this: I hope to assemble a Haiku alpha 1 testing pool of a group of
5-10 volunteers that will be testing diverse aspects of alpha 1 on
their machines. Since the priorities at this moment are the booting
from the CD, installing and partitioning (almost in that order), I
hope to be able to intensively test that for 2-3 weeks, while
continually giving feedback to the devs which should in theory make
for a good testing experience.

Anyway, that's for when some of my other projects wrap up. Unless
someone wants to try to plan that with me.

N.