[ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Touchscreen driver

  • From: Robert Morgan <robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:59:17 +0000

Hi Ben, no the touchscreen source is part of the kernel source so it's covered
by the same GPL license it even says so at the top of the file that was
released, it seems that ZTE have somehow released the wrong version though.

As for the LED, I wonder if you are missing something?  The Orange Sanfrancisco
has 3buttons at the bottom of the screen, Home, Menu and Back.  The Backip
button is the LED, it lights up when notifications etc come in, maybe you
didn't realise it's the button itself that lights up?

Regards
Rob

To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Touchscreen driver
From: ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:40:47 +0800

Hi rob,

I have forwarded "the touchscreen driver source" issue to the developers.

They were evaluating this issue several times.

I thought it maybe touch upon copyright matter?

Best regards.

Ben Ying
Smartphone System Department
ZTE Corporation
-

Robert Morgan <robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010-11-20 03:31

请答复 给
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
<ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Touchscreen driver

I have just added Krister to the list, he has been working on getting the
touchscreen driver working in the kernel source ZTE released and sent the
following question, can you please look into it?  Can you ask jiweijun for the
touchscreen driver source?
Thanks

The Hungarian blade ROM uses a kernel that was compiled on the 26th of october
and that kernel has pinch-zoom in the browser app. That means that they DO have
the real kernel source but haven't shared the real thing with us.  Maybe the
files in arch/arm/mach-msm/* are correct but stuff that are outside that
directory like the battery driver and the touchscreen driver is not from the
blade source they use. I did have to change a file in arch/arm/mach_msm/ to fix
the powerbutton thing though but that could also have been done by modifying a
.h file that lives somewhere in include/linux/.

"Linux version 2.6.29 (jiweijun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC)
) #1 PREEMPT Tue Oct 26 16:39:50 CST 2010"

I'm sure the person with the username jiweijun knows where the real source is.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are
not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.