[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: Orange San Francisco II / ZTE Crescent

  • From: József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 07:01:11 +0100

Hello Ben,

Yes I know the specs, and while it is a really good phone, sadly I see no
real improvements what would make me to sell my Blade with what I'm totally
satisfied :)
The biggest drawback of the phone is it's CPU: for most users, ARMv6 isn't
enough, and there are more and more people who reads into this stuff, and
then decides to spend a few more bucks and get another phone. It's just a
suggestion, but make some higher spec phones too. Now that we already have
a commercially available quad-core technology, and the next generation is
already in the making, these 'old' single core CPUs are getting cheaper and
cheaper. I know you're not in charge of the guys who decide what to put
into the shell, but you might know the guy, and spread the word. If you
want, I can make you some design sketches with specifications, as I've been
conducting a few researches on the topic of "Smartphone requirements of the
people of the streets", and now I have a pretty good picture about what is
needed, what would make a device sell good for a given age range, etc., and
I can provide this information to you too.

About the Crescent: great little phone. Many will buy it, just like the
blade, because it's a budget phone and relatively to it's price, it has
good specifications. But these specs aren't enough to reply break into the
market and have really a bigger user range. I would suggest you to drop a
high-end zte together, optimize it to hell, maybe even make it an
unlockable bootloader one, set the price a bit higher than your current
phones, smash in a Snapdragon CPU (dual or single core, I see that you
prefer Qualcomm chips), or even better, an Exynos, boost the RAM a bit,
maybe IPS screen and a bit pricier body (not a cheap plastic but something
more of a quality), and you can cover the whole market. I know, the current
hi-end is ruled by Samsung and HTC, but a cheap competitor would draw a lot
of people to you.

Also I am surprised by the fast reaction of you sw development, they were
always so slow when it came to publishing source code :D it's a very
positive change!

Fonix232