[ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] New Source?

  • From: Robert Morgan <robertmorgan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:23:46 +0000

Hi Ben, we have found source code for the wifi driver which has been released
by other companies ....
http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=atheros.git;a=tree
and
http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=3rdparty/atheros.git
reports show that some people have found an improvement over the stock wifi
driver that came with the sanfrancisco :-)
I note that most of these files have the following header
1 /*   2  * Copyright (c) 2006 Atheros Communications Inc.   3  * All rights
reserved.   4  *   5  *   6  *    7 // This program is free software; you can
redistribute it and/or modify   8 // it under the terms of the GNU General
Public License version 2 as   9 // published by the Free Software Foundation;
10 //  11 // Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS
12 // IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or  13 //
implied. See the License for the specific language governing  14 // rights and
limitations under the License.  15 //  16 //  17  *  18  */  19
which suggests that ZTE are ok to release the source for your copy of the
ar6000 driver, can this be double checked please as it would be helpful to have
driver source which matches what came with the phone.
Unfortunatly the issue with wifi being shutdown when the phone sleeps still
exists in these versions too which suggests it's not actually the wifi driver
but perhaps something within Android that is incorrectly telling the wifi
driver to shutdown?
RegardsRob
To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource]
答复: [ztebladeopensource] New Source?
From: ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:47:35 +0800

"Can you confirm that
in point 4 below you mean that you don’t see posts made by xieben and
he doesn’t see posts made by you?  I have checked the list settings
and can’t see why that would be but will keep looking into it."
That's right. If I post this mail to the maillist, it must be that xiebin
cannot get this mail. You can check it.

about wifi driver, our developer
told me that this code is provided by a third party company, so we do not
have any permission to public this code.

abou the issue  "It
would be helpful if you could provide any of the files under the /device/ZTE
android source tree, things like BoardConfig.mk and so on, this would help
us to setup the Android build environment correctly.  I don't think
there are any private files in there but if there are just don't send them
but if would be helpful to know the names of any files you can't sent."

I'm so sorry to told you
that we can not give these data after careful consideration.This action
do not meet ZTE information security regulations because our competitors
can get confidential information from this action.

Best regards.

Ben Ying

Smartphone System Department

ZTE Corporation

"Morgan, Rob"
<Rob.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2010-11-10 17:00

请答复 给

ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
<ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] RE: [ztebladeopensource]
答复: [ztebladeopensource] New Source?

Hi Benny, I have added Jiweijun
to the list.

Good to hear that the sleeping
and wifi driver issues are being looked into.

Regards

Rob

发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2010-11-09 19:59

请答复
给

ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
<ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] New Source?

The ZTE website has an announcement dated 7th November stating
that the Open Source for the R750 has been released but this announcement
points to the Blade source, can ZTE confirm if this is actually an updated
version of the source (and is relevant to the Blade), or is it just the
same as the source we are already discussing with you?  It’s a little
confusing!  Infact I notice that there are many previous announcements
for different phones, but they all point to the Blade source.

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsMain.aspx?type=service

Regards

Rob

ZTE Information Security Notice: The
information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's
organization.
This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated
to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this
communication to others.

This email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses
and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.