[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Problem with Hungarian shipments

  • From: József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:18:18 +0100

Well, T-Mobile already published the new shipments with the corrected
firmware (it has Internal Build code TM_P729TV1.0.0B07).
And also I got information from T-Mobile that it will be available on 29th
December at their own service stations, but you, ZTE, have already published
it on your site (maybe mis-information, or simply the T guy had access to
the restricted areas). But, if the written firmware isn't the one you made,
may I get a preview of it, just to see if it works? Because T-Mobile made
fool of me many times (told me that phone got water damaged, thus no
warranty, but the phone was just opened from the box, etc), and if there's a
need, I wouldn't like to run circles, but go to consumer protection first.
Of course, not against you, I can rarely find such a responsive company
anywhere, who make such high-quality devices at such low price (I wonder
now, why HTC Android phones with lower hardware than the Blade costs so
much. Maybe that shiny "Quietly brilliant" logo?), but against T-Mobile,
that they won't swap the device, and I'm sure if the firmware does not work,
they will have a backup story why not to swap the phone in warranty...

I'm totally cool, I was upset when I got informed that T-Mobile got the new
models with correct firmware (although I still can't see why the new
firmware won't show me 414MB available RAM instead of the currently shown
160,99MB), and that they won't swap the device in case of:
- RAM problems (the written 256MB instead of 512)
- Screen gradient problems (the screen at some gradients turns to blue-ish)
- Wifi drop problem.
I had a feeling they are simply sh*tting on our head, and go for higher
sales, not caring about customers who already bought it.

So, I got the new software from a new device's dump, tried it, it is a bit
faster than the old one (although the build B02 was fast enough, tried it,
even faster than a stock Galaxy S, now THAT'S what I call OS quality... and
some people tells me the system isn't optimized enough...), and wifi bug is
kinda fixed (no more won't connect to router, it reconnects in the moment I
unlock the screen).

Any ways, thank you for your help, even at Christmas, and have a merry
Christmas time!