[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: Orange San Francisco II / ZTE Crescent

  • From: kb <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:58:10 +0100

I've also seen reports over at Modaco that the released source also lacks the driver for the front camera for the Blade2 (Crescent).

Jacob Crawley skrev 2011-12-06 23:04:
I plan to pick up a ZTE Crescent this month for CyanogenMod purposes. One thing that has come to my attention, however, is that although kernel source is available, the wifi module source is not. I know that for the blade with the atheros driver, the source didn't have to be distributed, but the bcm4330 driver is actually GPL licensed like the rest of the kernel, so it is necessary for source to be released. Any chance of getting this? Thanks.

2011/11/25 kb <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I hope you do realize Paul isn't the only one contributing although he's propably is the most visible one having is own site. (A commercial site where you have to pay to get the latest custom ROMs he make).

Others do (imho) more work, for free, without getting much attention.

TomG works hard with CyanogenMod for the ZTE Blade and keeps fixing support for new cameras, sensors etc that keeps showing up. Doing the CM7 port for the ZTE V9 was a breeze when most of the hard work had allready been done by Tom and Jacob for the ZTE Blade.Ì'm pretty sure also that the unoffical CM7 versions for the ZTE Skate is heavily based on Tom and Jacobs work.

Sebastian makes and maintains Clockwork recoverys for most ZTE devices as they come out on the market, makes custom ROMs etc...

and so on...

Anyway... Is there any ICS upgrades planned? If the answer is "yes", for which devices?
Will the ZTE Blade Plus start selling in Sweden?

/kallt_kaffe

Sebastian Robinson <sebastian.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2011-11-25 17:29

收件人
"ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送
"ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
主题
[ztebladeopensource] Re: [ztebladeopensource] Re: 答复: [ztebladeopensource] Re: Orange San Francisco II / ZTE Crescent

I belive Paul from Modaco got a Skate before they went on sale, I think that was from ZTE..

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 25, 2011, at 9:26, kb <
krister@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd love to have a look at it but I don't think it can be bought here in Sweden yet.

Have ZTE considering donating some hardware to the community developers like Sony Ericsson and Samsung do?

Source:

http://www.androidauthority.com/sony-ericsson-opens-door-to-modders-gives-20-phones-to-developers-25742/
http://itmag.org/android-operating-system-news/175-cyanogenmod-supported-by-samsung-gives-away-galaxy-s2-to-devs.html

Best Regards

 kallt_kaffe (CyanogenMod maintainer for the ZTE V9/Light port)

ying.ben@xxxxxxxxxx skrev 2011-11-25 02:44:

Hi fonix,

We are preparing the code now. It may take sometime.

I think i will finish the uploading work in the next week.

And i think you can take a look at the new ZTE device. The thickness of the device is just only 10mm.

József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
发件人:
ztebladeopensource-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2011-11-25 07:23

收件人
ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[ztebladeopensource] Re: Orange San Francisco II / ZTE Crescent

The Crescent and the OSF II is the same P736B device, so yes, basically, it's a rebranded Crescent.
If the usual ZTE methods and times are still live, we will get the source code in roughly a month or so. Although we are still waiting for the latest 2.3 kernel sources for the Blade...

2011/11/24 Sebastian Robinson <
sebastian.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
ZTE Crescent

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.