[ztebladeopensource] Integrating the T-Mobile Themes Platform

  • From: József Király <fonix232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:02:17 +0100

Recently T-Mobile released their Android Themes Platform source (and
Cyanogen already integrated it in their custom ROM). For an even better and
higher sales (by the way, congrats on ruling the 4th place of sold non-OEM
phones in 2010 and 2010Q4), I suggest to include this theme framework in the
next released software updates.

The integration is pretty easy:

- every source code is available at T's Github, with two sample themes:
https://github.com/tmobile

- a kinda like "integration" tutorial is available at T's Google Code site:
http://code.google.com/p/tmobile-themes/w/list
  from checking out the source (it will include the whole AOSP tree though)
to how to build a theme, all information is available.

Of course, it isn't a high priority task, it is just something what would
make new buyers buy the phone instead of Huawei's new IDEOS series (what is,
a kinda too-good-to-be-true feeling, like I had with the Blade, a bit more
powerful (1GHz CPU with Adrenos 205 graphics enhancer, a huge screen, and a
5MP camera) but also a bit more expensive to buy), as such a "moddability",
customizable stuff, etc, these attract buyers (easily customizable -> more
standard user with almost no knowledge about Android buys the cheap but good
device).

And also, this will make many Blade users to not to switch on the IDEOS X6
;) (I was thinking about it too, then remembered Huawei's very bad support,
Yours is a lot better).

I hope you can manage somehow to integrate it, many many current Blade owner
would be very happy to see an early Froyo build (preferably 2.2.1 or 2.2.2,
what fixed stagefright), or even Gingerbread!

fonix232