[ztebladeopensource] Blade runaway success in the UK!

  • From: "Morgan, Rob" <Rob.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:19:23 -0000

Hi Guys, I see that ZTE are quite happy with the runaway success being
enjoyed by the Blade in the UK

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/en/press_center/press_clipping/201012/t20101213_
195847.html

I realize you are all very busy but I wonder if it could be possible for
you to try and get some kind of official backing from ZTE to provide a
direct upgrade to 2.2 or even 2.3 for those UK (and other European)
blade owners who want to upgrade?  I realize there may be issues with
this but if this version were only ever released as an unsupported
(though stable) Alpha then as long as we had this channel to communicate
and the source to go with it I'm sure we could look after ourselves.
Even if you just manage to retain support for the Blade in kernels for
newer phones, that would be a help.

Failing that do you know if there are to be any 2.2 or 2.3 versions for
Europe/America/Australia etc in the near future, I don't need to know
where or when as I realize that would be confidential , but maybe just
an indication if it's likely?  I wonder if you can comment on why China
is to get 2.2 but nowhere else is, every other country seems to be
getting 2.1, it has been suggested that this is down to certification
but I'm guessing it's more down to either timing or the features that
were made available for the price the operators wanted to pay at the
time?

Can't be long until the V880 is available now, in time for Christmas I
hope J

Regards

Rob