[yunqa.de] Re: Support for load_extension() function in SQLiteSpy

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 00:48:54 +0100

On 07.03.2011 21:27, Tom Holden wrote:

> Would this be a way to introduce a custom collation sequence to SQLiteSpy?

Absolutely.

> If so, can you give me a general guideline on how to do so. I am not a
> DISQLite3 developer.

You do not have to be a DISQLite3 developer, you just need a basic
Delphi knowledge. Starting from that, I suggest to lean by example.

DISQLite3 2.4.3 contains an extension demo project in

  DISQLite3\Demos\DISQLite3_Extension

The folder contains:

* DISQLite3_Extension_Half.dpr: The actual extension code.

* DISQLite3_Extension_Test.dpr: The main database application to test
the extension. Needs the compiled DISQLite3_Extension_Half.dll to run.

* DISQLite3_Extension.bpg: This project group contains both of the above
projects. Use this for easy testing and debugging.

The projects are well commented. They need DISQLite3 Pro to run and will
generate a compler error with DISQLite3 Personal.

I have attached to this message the modified demo example which adds
simple collation sequence extension. You can use it as a basis for your
own collation extensions.