[yunqa.de] Re: Suggestion - Make TDiHtmlLabel.FRect protected.

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:01:18 +0100

On 19.02.2012 14:56, Edwin Yip wrote:

> Yes, when drawing the background to indicate the 'hot' status of the
> label, I use ClientRect, but since in my overridden Paint() method I
> can't call inherited, instead I have to copy and modify the method body
> of TDiHtmlLabel which needs to access the FRect field in order to paint
> the html tags.
>
> Precisely, it's the following code:
> Renderer.RenderTree(Canvas, FRect, FNodeTree);

I still do not understand why you want to go the extra way. Attached is
a project which demonstrates my concept. The archive also contains the
updated DIHtmlLabel.pas unit which you must install into the Delphi IDE
to open the form in design-view. A simple compile should work without
installation.

If your solution has benefits over my approach, I'd be interested if you
could share your code.