[yunqa.de] Re: Newbie still struglling with DISQLite 3

  • From: "Michael Hooker" <michael.hooker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:07:40 +0100

Hi "Dogo".  "Caravelle" here from the Kinetic Forum.

Don't use a DBGrid. Use an ordinary grid, either Delphi-supplied or one of the 3rd-party improved add-ons available. See the relevant example projects, especially the one for beginners, which Ralf wrote for me when I was having the same problems - it's not a console app and it works. Most Delphi users don't have the DB controls anyway, and they add a whole level of complication if you want to distribute your application..

Hope that helps!

Michael Hooker

On 09/07/2008 15:13:13, dogo (dogo_daz@xxxxxxx) wrote:
Hi,
Being a total newbie at this, I
don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have
attached my database and the project, in hoping someone can give me a
working example of what I am trying to achieve!

Ok here goes, I'm
trying to load the table called aircraft and select from
the field "Interested" any that have been selected or equals true.  Then
display the results in a DBGrid, I will then loop through the results
looking to match only the ModeS where the field Interested is marked as
true, with a text box where the user has type a matching ModeS Code, and
display a message box to that effect.

I have figured out how to connect to DISQLite3Database1 using the
supplied
component, but I am at a complete loss on how to get my data displayed in
DBGrid. I believe I have to use ClientDataSet1 and a datasource and
connect
the datasource to the DBGrid but I can't get this bit to work/understand it?

Hope this make sense.

My project runs from the C drive and is located at c:\my SQL

Kind Regards
Darren

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3255 (20080709) _____