[yunqa.de] Re: How do components fit?

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:12:52 +0200

Gilles wrote:

>As a Delphi newbie, I'm a bit lost at how the different parts work together.
>After reading the CHM file and the samples, it seems like this is how it works:
>
>DISQLite3Database < DISqlite3UniDirQuery1 < DISQLite3DataSetImporter1 < TDB*
>components

Not quite. Look at this one instead:

  TDISQLite3DataSetImporter <= reads from TDataSet descendant

    +-> writes to TDISQLite3DataBase

The basic usage steps are:

 1. Create your TDataSet descendant instance and open it

 2. Create your TDISQLite3Database instance and open it.

 3. Create a TDISQLite3DataSetImporter instance.

 4. Set these properties ot the importer:

    * DataSet to your TDataSet instance from 1.
    * DataBase to your TDISQLite3Database instance from 2.
    * TableName to the table where you want to import the dataset into.

 5. Call the TDISQLite3DataSetImporter.Execute method.

 6. Wait until the import has finished. Depending on the amount of data, this
can take a while. Write an OnProgress event to track progress.

>Is this correct? What about the other Delphi components TDataSource,
>TClientDataset, and TDatasetProvider?

No additional components are needed by TDISQLite3DataSetImporter.