[yunqa.de] Re: Custom Collations

  • From: "Clyde" <clyde@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:06:01 +0800

>  create table t (t text);
>
>  insert into t values ('A');
>  insert into t values ('a');
>  insert into t values ('B');
>  insert into t values ('b');
>
>  select * from t order by t;
>
>Returns: A B a b
>
>  select * from t order by t collate system;
>                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Returns: a A b B
>
>  select * from t order by t collate systemnocase;
>                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>Returns: A a B b

Thanks, the problem was with my test data being incomplete and I was expecting
SYSTEM to have ALL uppercase data to come before ALL lowercase data (similar to
the default sqlite collation), and that SYSTEMNOCASE should be the only one to
group differnet case together.

It would appear that the collation SYSTEM gives *nearly* equal "weight" to
upper and lowcase letters that are the same, rather than a big gap between say
a-A

How can I get a table or list of what each character "weight" is when the
Collation SYSTEM is used?

Thanks
Clyde