[yshavurah] Marginalized in Ohio

  • From: debra a zendlovitz <zendlovitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: clevineys@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:44:08 -0500

Sometime during the second half of Dec I received a postcard (red and
white) from Chris Weidner ( a state rep., but not mine) with pics of his
family asking me to "join us in celebrating the birth of Christ this
season" It then goes on to  talk about praying for the troops in Iraq.  I
found the underlying message that everyone should be Christian, coming
from an elected official,  to be totally annoying. It's paid for by the
Ohio Republican Party as noted on the card.   I waited until all the
"celebrating" was probably over to respond.  I shared this with Cheryl
Levine and she suggested that I share this with the list.  Ohio
Republican Party- 614-228-2481, fax 614-228-1093.

While i was phoning, copying and faxing, the Senate passed the Defense of
Marriage legislation (is one of the goals of the ohio legislature to
solidify ingroups and outgroups?)   The governor has not signed or vetoed
yet  Gov's #614-466-3555  and  Lt. Gov-614-466-3396

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!