[yshavurah] FW: Quote of the Week

  • From: Eric Friedland <efriedland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ys havurah <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:45:42 -0500

----------
From: JTSA Distance Learning Project <dlp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:59:40 -0500 (EST)
To: efriedland@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week
 is brought to you by The Jewish Theological Seminary of America

Q U O T E   O F   T H E   W E E K

We call [the holiday] the Festival of Lights,
giving this name to it, I think, from the
fact that the right to worship appeared to us
[like a flash of light] at a time when we
hardly dared hope for it.

    Josephus,
    Jewish Antiquities, Book 12, Chapter 7

Learn more at learn@jts
  http://learn.jtsa.edu/topics/quote/

Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Jewish Theological Seminary of America

-
Light Shabbat candles Friday, December 19 at 4:56
in the Dayton, OH area.
Shabbat ends at 6:05 on Saturday, December 20.
(Your communal custom may vary, so confirm with a rabbi or other resource).

-
Send this to a friend.  Please feel free to share this message with
anyone else who may be interested in it or any other material on
http://learn.jtsa.edu/.  Thank you.

If you have received this from a friend and are interested in joining
this free email list, please visit http://learn.jtsa.edu/membership/
We offer more than 20 free email lists.

-
If your e-mail address is efriedland@xxxxxxxxxx, then
you received this mailing from JTS because you signed up for it.
You can change your options for our site:
To sign up for *More* mailings from Learn@JTS, click on:
http://learn.jtsa.edu/cgi-bin/login.cgi?username=benzip&thru=1
To stop receiving the Quote of the Week mailing, follow this link:
http://learn.jtsa.edu/cgi-bin/can.cgi?sid=benzip&l=Quotes&h=Ycz
To stop receiving *All* mailings from Learn@JTS, follow this link:
http://learn.jtsa.edu/cgi-bin/del.cgi?sid=benzip&h=Ycz