[YAMos-dev] Re: diff for format warning on vbcc + inline problem

> Well, if you would tell me the option I would love to turn it on. However,
> haven't found any option to increase the warning on those string operating
> functions like snprintf(). So for the moment, please don't change those
> definitions to %u. As soon as if we GCC warning us about those as well, we
> will definitly change those as well, but as only VBCC seems to be so picky
> about them I want to leave it the way it is right now.

Yeh, there doesn't seem to be an option. Well there is -Wformat (implied
by -Wall also), but this only makes a fuss when you do %d for a "long int"
for example. I found a few references to this on usenet, one being a bug
report for gcc dating back to 1993 :-) I guess the GCC developers don't
think this is something to worry about. I will submit a patch for the
VMakefile to suppress these warnings.

Best Regards

Jools