[YAMos-dev] Re: Unexpected effect of bugfix in RemoveMailFromList()

Hi Thore,

On 2006-11-20, Thore Böckelmann wrote:

>> is what is needed to no only close the read window, but also make its
>> cleanup function getting called?
>
> No, MUIA_Window_CloseRequest is [..G], which means you can only setup a
> notify for it, but setting it is impossible.
>
> Perhaps we should implement a remote close method to achive the desired
> cleanup.

Ok, I obviously do not know much about these MUI issues; looked at the
developer docs for the first time today.
The reason I suggested it is that I found just such an instruction (twice) in
YAM_AB.c/HOOKPROTONHNONP(AB_DoubleClick, void), but it was nothing but a wild
guess...

My hope was that it would be pretty much equivalent to what happens when the
user clicks the close gadget.
By "remote", do You mean something which is not triggered by direct actions in
the read window, i.e., by code in the ReadWindow/ReadMailGroup module/class?
Just trying to learn here...

Well, I'm sure You will find a solution, and I will study it to learn more when
it is finished :-)

Regards,
--
Christer Oldhoff