[YAMos-dev] Re: Recent development issues

Hi David,

David Rey schrieb:

[...]
> Besides, Jens never proposes anything here, he just goes and does it. He
> has good and bad reasons for that - before you joined, he was the only
> active developer anyway, but OTOH this should change now. It would be
> unrealistic to expect him to ask me before adding the next feature, but
> OTOH he should consult you.

I already expressed here that Thore and me are having nearly daily ICQ
chats about what we are doing and up to now nobody else in here showed
any real interest to contribute to our discussions/ideas.

> If possible, using this mailing list. But hey,
> who I am to say...

You are really putting too much feelings in our discussions, David. All
I tried to explain to you was, that you can't simply expect that I am
going to spent my free time on something that I feel isn't necessary or
reasonable. And if I come up with a new idea/feature that I would like
to see implemented, I am of course open for discussions on the way to
implement it - but I am not accepting loosy "Isn't necessary" or "that's
just cosmetic stuff, bahh" or "we didn't miss such a feature for years,
so why?" answers. I have my opinions, so do you - and I accept them. The
preview pane for example, might be an unnecessary thing in your eyes,
fine. And I am more than open to discuss the implementation of it. But I
am not accepting that you want me to abandon a feature just because you
don't like it. The same applies for e.g. the signature highlighting and
other stuff I have implemented in YAM. I am going to discuss the
implementation of it, but I am not abadoning something just because you
are disappointed / not using it...

> But this is all academic if the final decision is up to Jens.

Again you missunderstood. All I really asked for was that you are
bringing up your issues in a better way. Look at Thore's mail and his
suggestion. That's something I would expect from every member of this
mailing list in case he wants to suggest something to be changed. Simply
bashing at me really doesn't help you and me...

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                         Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b