[YAMos-dev] Re: Preventing use of invalid pointers

Hello Christer,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:12:42 +0100, Christer Oldhoff wrote:

[...]
> As a consequence of the facts 1)-3), my suggestion to manipulate
> CleanupReadMailData() by setting rmData->mail=NULL before it is called
> was not a good idea, nor is it a solution to call DoMethod(...
> rmData->readWindow,...MUIA_Window_CloseRequest, TRUE) followed by
> free(mail) from RemoveMailFromList(), because one cannot guarantee that
> rmData->mail has not become an invalid pointer by the time
> CleanupReadMailData() executes.

Sorry, but I am again a bit confused. So what is your conclusion now? Can
you verify that the problem is finally gone now or not?

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b

USER : A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.