[YAMos-dev] Re: MainWindowToolbar.c problem with vbcc

Hello Jools,

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:19:13 +0000, Jools Smyth wrote:

>> VBCC shouldn't be so picky about that and handle such initializations
>> in structures as well and I really don't see a reason why a compiler
>> should have a problem with it...
>
> But the error surely is the fact that you are initialising with the
> return value of a function? And this is not ansi c (I'm pretty sure -
> could be wrong). The fact that the function returns a constant is
> irrelevant.

Who said we are doing plain ANSI-C in YAM only? Nobody. In fact we are even
using GCC extensions where they may help and be appropriate. In addition we
are even using C++ style comments instead of "/* ... */" because they are
handy. So the YAM sources are really not meant to carry ANSI-C conform
source code.

>> heaps of time myself to keep YAM compatible to all compiler
>> environments out there.
>
> I would argue it doesn't take long to tweak the vmakefile, but fine, I
> will submit diffs.

Fine. Sorry for that but please undertand that we are an open source project
and as such we have some regulations where one of these is to let others
submit patches for a review. We really don't have the time for investigating
all minor things ourself and highly depend on others spending the time in
preparing things for us. Hope you understand.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which something can go
wrong, and circumvent these,
then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.
-- Murphy`s laws