[YAMos-dev] Re: Good bye and thank for you the fish

Hi Bill,

Bill Eaves schrieb:

On 14/12/2007, Jens Langner wrote:
Please note, however, that the
internal catalog have to be written in american english.

That I really object to. If it is in English it should be English and NOT
American.

I do not like the way America pollutes the English language.

In fact I dislike the way Americanisms are evident in YAM.

I agree 100% with David in this.

Well, sorry, but then you probably haven't asked David directly I guess.

Of course I do agree, as personally I also like british english more than american english. However, we are not supposed to change something that Commodore/Amiga once decided many years ago. In fact, the standard language in AmigaOS is american english and not british english. This is not only the fact for YAM, but indeed for the whole internal english catalogs of AmigaOS3 and AmigaOS4, for example.

Fortunately, it is possible to generate a british-english.ct catalog translation for the upcoming 2.5 release so that people prefering british english can switch to that catalog instead (at least on AmigaOS4). But it is not possible to make that the internal default, I am afraid.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                         Ph: +49-172-4452254
Rißweg 27b