[YAMos-dev] FORMAT_DOS -> FORMAT_DEF

Hello team,

today I had a look at bug #619286 at the sf-bugtracker and I am not
completly sure how to handle that bugreport.
I had a look at the source code and also locally modified my source code to
get a better impression of the occuring changes.

The guy, who wrote this bugreport, suggested that we should use FORMAT_DEF
instead of FORMAT_DOS for the DateStamp2String() function in YAM_UT.c.
And after I tested it here and also thought about it for a minute I also
vote for changing this because it makes more sense to me to depend on the
locale preferences than forcing the user to always have the date displayed
within the AmigaDOS format.

For all ppl in here who don`t know exactly what FORMAT_DOS and FORMAT_DEF
stands for. This is a simple identifier that defines how a date should be
converted into a string. Here is the definition:

--- cut here ---
#define FORMAT_DOS    0        /* dd-mmm-yy */
#define FORMAT_INT    1        /* yy-mm-dd  */
#define FORMAT_USA    2        /* mm-dd-yy  */
#define FORMAT_CDN    3        /* dd-mm-yy  */
#define FORMAT_MAX    FORMAT_CDN
#define FORMAT_DEF    4        /* use default format, as defined
                                  by locale; if locale not
                                  available, use FORMAT_DOS
                                  instead */
--- cut here ---

Actually YAM displays the Date within the MailListview within the FORMAT_DOS
format, but IMHO it seems more logical to change that to the FORMAT_DEF and
let Locale do the job for us. So people from different countries will have
their own local date representation displayed within YAM.

So, if no one in here has a big argument against changing this to
FORMAT_DEF, I will commit my changes ASAP.

cheers,

jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Lannerstrasse 1

Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can
(old worms never die,
they just worm their way into larger cans).
-- Zymurgy's first law of evolving system dynamics