[YAMos-dev] Re: Compiling YAM on µA1/OS4

Gunther Nikl schrieb:

[...]
>   As already said, using a common part can make problems. For instance the
>   recent change of the flex flags is also such an example. This change
>   prevents building a baserel version of YAM since the combined data/bss
>   space does now exceed 64k a lot :-( That was the reason to use the old
>   flag settings...

Sorry Gunther, but baserel release versions are not what we are
targeting for new final releases of 68k versions of YAM (why should we
anyway?). So if you or anyone else want to build a baserel version of
YAM then please change the flex options back to the old ones in a
private copy of your makefile (perhaps we can at least add a comment to
the makefile to mention that).

I did the change in the event when I was rewriting the whole flex rules
to better match the URL RFC 1738. If you read the manual page of flex
then you should be able to spot the part which suggests to use exactly
these flags I am currently using as the default for YAM now. The flex
authors say that these should give the best match between performance
and size of a generated lex table by flex. And I guess it is a good
thing to follow these suggestions to get out the best performance for
the URL highlighting code.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                         Ph: +49-351-4716545
Lannerstrasse 1