[YAMos-dev] Re: Annoying filtering

Hello David,

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:27:19 +0200, David Rey wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:53:15 +0200, Jens Langner wrote:
>
>> The point is that if you have a large amount of mails in the incoming
>> folder (like I do) and you click on "Filter" by accident, there is
>> currently no possible to cancel that operation and that's why I
>> considered that having a confirmation requester even for the incoming
>> folder is a sensible and good choice.
>
> The sensible approach would be to have a cancellable filtering process
> (everything should be abortable, really), possibly as a button in the
> status bar as NewsRog does. Cluttering the program with requesters all
> over the place is annoying. And yes, I have suffered that problem
> myself, but being punished with a requester every time is not an
> improvement for me.

Sure I do fully agree, and introducing multithreading is really an item with
a high priority on my list. But for the time being I would prefer to keep
the requester as on other folders the requester also appears and it is
better to be safe than sorry :)

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Lannerstrasse 1

The computing field is always in need of new cliches.
-- Alan Perlis