[YAM] Re: POP Server returns error

Hiya,

On 03/04/2004, Bill Eaves wrote:

>>   So when you come back from work in the evening etc. you are presented
>> with the errors window

> Which sort of begs the question, why download mail if you are not there to
> read it. Why not wait until you *are* there and then get the lot in one go
> ?

   Why does the postman put letters through my letter box when I'm not in
the house?  Shouldn't the post office keep all of my mail until I'm
available to read it.  Of course not.  One of many reasons is space.  And
my email box is no different.  Although I can see where your coming from.

> Even if you have Broaband and are connected permanently there is little
> point getting mail when your physical presence is not there to view it ;-)

   I suppose there is no reason to "download" it.  But there is no reason
not to either.  There is no real anwser either way, I was just highlighting
that if you do as I do and you get an error you don't know what the error
applies to.

Kind regards...

Alex
--