[YAM] Re: Attached files -- HTML, jpeg, other graphics?

Hello Bart,

On 09/14/2007, you wrote:

> I too mostly use 2.4p1, upgrading 2.5 every week or two but I only use
> it enough to make sure it still works.
>
> I have IBrowse set up in YAM as browser of choice.  And I have been
> suspicious (as hinted at above) of the 'Specify action for "  '
> requester that comes up when I go to the "Display" button.  (The
> choices are Download to disk, View in window, Wiew with external
>  program, and Download as MIME.) I have it set up somewhere in
>  configuration what to do with an HTML file. But maybe YAM isn't
> recognizing a .tmp file as an HTML file.  (But a listing of T: shows it
> commented as "text/HTML.")
>
> An obvious work around for AWeb--but it would get old--would be to copy
> the file name from T: and paste it in the address requester on AWeb.  I
> just tested that option to be sure it works.

I have my Viewer for text/html set to:

C:OpenURL FILE T:file.html `copy *>NIL: QUIET %s T:html.html`

Of course you need to have openurl.library and the OpenURL command
installed for the above to work. The down side is that a file called
"html.html" remains in T: and is never deleted. If that concerns you
the a short ARexx script that uses the OpenURL command and then
deletes "file.html" might be better.

Also not that "*>NIL" should be changed to ">NIL" for OS3 and possibly MOS.

Regards,
--
Jeff