Re: death to word

  • From: Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:02:09 -0400

What I did is to print out two identical samples, one with <SZ12pt,12pt> the other with <SZ12pt,19pt> using both an HP 4050 laser calling hp4-plus.prn. I get a difference in line-width but no difference in either the width of letters or the letter-spacing. I'm trying to get results from an Epson NX ink jet calling hpdj560c.prn, but so far it is putting out garbage.

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sat, 28 Apr
2012 16:52:02 -0400

> Aha, I'm not printing in Postscript. Will try that soon.

PS isn't necessary. <SZn,m> works with any scalable Speedo font,
and, of course, a printer that can scale them. Worked fine with my
HP LaserJet, of happy memory, loading HPLJ-2P.PRN.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx