death to word

  • From: Frank Brownlow <fbrownlo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:03:23 -0400

I should have been more exact--what I meant by fully scaleable typesetting is the ability to set both the pitch and the width of the type. Some years ago now, a publisher asked me for camera-ready copy, sent me his standard specs., & Xy allowed me to produce a page every bit as good as his because of the fully scaleable typesetting. The command is still available in NB, but it doesn't work because--I guess--printing now goes through Windows instead of DOS, and one's stuck with what Windows will do. So for really professional typesetting and formatting one has to go to a full publishing program, whereas XY used to do it all.

Frank Brownlow