Re: copying & pasting between XY and MS

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:40:07 -0400

Reply to note from "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 24 Mar
2010 19:51:07 +0200

> One technique that I have found useful for communicating
> between XyWrite = and Windows applications is to use a
> clipboard commit program, which = writes and/or reads clipboard
> contents.=20 I have used Dave Navarros Clip.exe (freeware: =
> http://www.brothersoft.com/clip-3490.html)

There is also Robert's CLIP.EXE, which is tightly integrated with
Xy4 via U2 (command HELP CLIP<Helpkey> for info.) but also works
nicely with Xy3. This tool has the ability -- unique as far as I
know -- to translate on the fly between Windows and DOS code pages
when copying to or from the clipboard.

Download: <http://www.serve.com/xywwweb/CLIPW32.ZIP>

--
Carl Distefano