Re: XyWrite and Windows 7

  • From: Michael Norman <michael.norman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:14:43 -0500

At 11:53 AM 2/21/2010, you wrote:
--- On Sat, 2/20/10, Robert Orndorff <orndorffr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > 2) Windows 7 64 bit professional or Ultimate > comes with a license to use "XP Mode" (you have to > download it). XP mode is really just a copy of Windows XP > running in a virtual machine inside of 64 bit Windows 7. > So in theory anything that runs on XP should run in XP > mode.> > Of course the hardware requirements are higher to > use XP mode. Here's the MS page on it: > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/faq.aspx This is not specific to Windows. Running any virtualization is going to require maximizing your system "horsepower" (CPU and Ram), if you seek to avoid an objectionable performance penalty. Jordan

Why not just run Win7 32 bit? From what I've read, the advantages of 64-bit, at this point, don't seem worth it for kind of work most on the list do. I confess I'm trying to decide between 64 and 32.

Michael Norman