Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "XyList" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:44:19 +0300

>An alternate way to run XY4 on Win7 is to install Microsoft's Virtual PC and a
>full XP operating system. Which I can do, but posters on this list have said
>that it's slow.

As I said earlier:
There other possibilities you might want to explore:
Running Virtual PC 2007 on Windows 7 (the blog of V PC developer at MS):
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2009/08/19/running-virtual-pc-2007-on-windows-7.aspx
This contains the pros and cons quite extensively.

I would suggest to skip the XP mode altogether and run a separate Virtual PC
2007 program with DOS 6 installed in it. Select the 64 BIT/setup.exe
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4580

DOS applications run very well under this environment.

How to install DOS additions, see my page and look for the "DOS Additions"
download (MS-supplied version is not compatible with DOS).
http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/utility.html

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)