Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: Jon P <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure what you mean, Carl. Where does the .dll file have to be?  I ran
the zipfile, but no change.

When I hit the clip key, the copy is clipped, according to the message within
XY. But I don't think it overwrites the Windows Clipboard, because when I tried
to copy it into Notepad, I got the previous clipboard text from my last Win7
cut-and-paste.

DosBOX is a program that runs under Win7-64, which places it in a folder called
Program Files(x86), which I would presume are 32-bit programs that Win7 runs in
Win32 mode.  It appears to me that when DosBOX is running, its whole world is
my C:\XY folder, which it is seeing as the C: drive.

I don't think it can call anything outside my XY folder. So if it's calling VBS
in Windows, I don't think it's getting through. I don't get any error messages
or crashes, just no response.

An alternate way to run XY4 on Win7 is to install Microsoft's Virtual PC and a
full XP operating system. Which I can do, but posters on this list have said
that it's slow. And I have no idea how or if XP within Virtual PC communicates
with Win7, so the same problem might exist.

Any other thoughts appreciated. Has anyone made CLIP.EXE work from DOSBox?

Jon Pareles